For many patients, overeating is a way of coping with stress – an unhealthy way that ultimately causes the additional physical and psychological stress of being overweight. You may benefit from seeing a counselor who can help you reflect on how you cope with stress and to brainstorm alternate coping behaviors.
There is a new group of Overeaters Anonymous in our area. There are several weekly meetings:
- Saturday 9AM St. Paul’s Episcopal Church @ “Carriage House” in the corner of the parking lot behind the Church
- Monday 7pm Mead Memorial United Methodist Church Route 29 South
- Tuesday 7pm At the Kirk in Forest VA.
Contact Bev at 434-426-5853 or Mary P at 434-656-1472 for more info.
Click “Read More” to take the Eating Disorders Quiz
- Do you worry that you have lost control over how much you eat?
- Do you make yourself sick when you feel uncomfortably full?
- Do you currently suffer with or have you ever suffered in the past with an eating disorder?
- Do you ever eat in secret?
If you answered yes, you may have an eating disorder. Tell your doctor so that you can be referred to a counselor who specializes in these disorders.